Boise Radiant Heating Services
Experience Heating Efficiency at Its Best
There are many different types of heating systems available for residential and commercial use. Each type of system has its advantages depending on the owner’s heating needs. With electricity costs continuing to rise and the economy still recovering, many property owners are opting for radiant heating.
Consider installing radiant heating if you are in the market for a heater upgrade. Wickstrom Plumbing Heating & Cooling. can make sure of proper installation, so you can get the most out of your radiant heating system. For homeowners who already have one at home, know that you can count on our Nampa radiant heating technicians for prompt repairs and maintenance services as well.
What Is Radiant Heating?
Providing heat to indoor and outdoor areas, radiant heating is a technology that utilizes the floor, wall panels, or ceiling of the home to supply heat. This method of heating utilizes heat energy radiated from a single warm element that then warms the room and the objects inside instead of the air. Although the internal temperature may be lower than a room that is conventionally heated, the body comfort and perceived temperature are the same.
Wall heating and underfloor systems are typically known as low-temperature systems. Since the surface area of these systems is much larger, the room requires a lower temperature to achieve the same level of heat transfer. This significantly improves the climate of the room and provides a much healthier humidity.
Benefits of Radiant Heating
There are numerous benefits of using a radiant heating system including:
- Reduced allergy symptoms – Radiant heating is one of the best heating options for those with allergies as pollen, dust, and other irritants are not transferred through the ducts across the entire structure. This also eliminates spreading airborne germs and particles.
- Improved energy efficiency – Since there are no ducts, there is no loss of air during the transfer from the source to the floor, wall, or ceiling. Air loss is a common issue found in traditional heating methods, which causes a system to become inefficient.
- Greater energy savings – Improved efficiency results in a lower heating cost. Radiant heating does not feature ductwork, nor does it blow hot air, so the cost is only based on powering the heating source.
- Less need for a humidifier – Since radiant heating does not physically alter the air in each room, moisture content is unaffected. Most room moisture content is generally adequate because the air is not dried out by any form of combustion or increase in air filtration similar to that found in conventional heating methods.
How Much Can You Save from Radiant Heating in Nampa?
For cost savings alone, radiant heating is the best option currently available on the market. It provides a much cleaner and more comfortable heat at a lower cost. Although the exact amount of money saved from radiant heating cannot be calculated due to a number of changing factors, the amount is usually significant.
These factors include:
- Your location
- The energy company you use
- The amount of energy used
When paired with a programmable thermostat, your radiant heating system will keep a steady level of heat and additional cost savings are possible.
Call us today at (208) 505-9352 to learn more about how you can take advantage of the convenience and efficiency of a radiant heating system in Boise and Nampa.
Thanks for the excellent service. In a time of crisis you were prompt and friendly : dedicated to completing the work on ...- Tom P
We value transparency and are offering fair pricing on all the work we do.
We have been proudly serving the community we live in and love since 1992.
We value your home, time, and comfort so we are guaranteeing your satisfaction on every job completed.