Boise Drain Cleaning
Your Go-To Nampa Plumbers for Clogged Drains
Most homeowners do not think of their drains as something that requires maintenance, but there comes a time when your drains need professional attention. A clogged drain may seem like a simple inconvenience, but it can lead to worse problems if it is neglected. Fortunately, our team here at Wickstrom Plumbing Heating & Cooling can handle all types of drain-related problems you may have in your home.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
Every drain in the house handles some organic matter. The drain in the kitchen sink probably handles more than the drain in the bathroom sink, but they are both susceptible to clogs caused by the buildup of these substances. Minor clogs can be alleviated with safe, natural liquid drain cleaners, but this is not a permanent solution. A large buildup of gunk over time will result in these clogs occurring more frequently. In particularly severe cases, the drain may be totally clogged. This is troublesome because the water must be removed somehow before the clogged drain can even be accessed.
Keep an eye out for these signs that mean you may need some drain cleaning:
- If your drain seems to be taking too long to drain water or is not draining it at all
- A toilet that doesn’t flush despite not having been used recently
- Water backing up through shower, toilet or sinks
- An unpleasant smell coming from the drains
Benefits of Regular Drain Cleaning
Everyone can benefit from drain cleaning or hydro-jetting. If you haven’t had a drain cleaning recently, this applies especially to you as your drains may have collected a lot of debris and gunk over time. Most homes require drain cleanings between two and three times a year.
What are some benefits of professional drain cleaning?
- It can reduce the likelihood of any future clogs occurring.
- Using professional drain cleaning is better for your pipe because it doesn’t damage them the way chemical cleaners do.
- Our Nampa drain cleaning team at Wickstrom Plumbing Heating & Cooling has the tools and expertise to clean your drains effectively while keeping your pipes in good condition.
When to Get Professional Drain Cleaning Services
If you are finding that your drains become clogged frequently, it’s time to get your drains professionally cleaned. Our Boise drain cleaning services are also necessary for times when the drains are completely clogged.
Even if you are not dealing with a severe clog or absolute stoppage, it is a good idea to have it done nevertheless. Doing so will greatly reduce the chance of clogs occurring in the future and may prevent more expensive problems such as a flood or a burst pipe.
The Best Ways to Avoid Clogs
There are many things homeowners can do to avoid clogged drains. With over 20 years of tackling drain issues, we find the following tips the most helpful.
In bathroom drains, you could:
- Minimize the amount of hair that goes down. Install a mesh drain filter on your shower drain.
- When combing hair, do not rinse the comb off in the sink; pull the hairs out and put them in the trash can.
- When putting hair gel or other products in your hair, wipe your hands off with a rag before washing them. Hair products will clog a drain quickly, so keep the amount that goes through the pipes at an absolute minimum.
In the kitchen, you could:
- Ensure that your garbage disposal is working properly and chopping food matter into manageable pieces.
- Avoid putting objects down the drain that the garbage disposal can’t handle such as bones or bottle caps.
- Stop pouring cooking oils or liquified fat down the drain. These substances will solidify upon cooling and clog the drain almost immediately.
Having your drains professionally cleaned is something that should be part of regular home maintenance. If your drains are draining slowly or not at all, contact us today and let our expert Boise plumbers take care of it. We have the tools, experience, and dedication to get your drains running smoothly.
"Best Plumbing and HVAC company"
Called our favorite plumbing company, Wickstrom. Blake came the next day, troubleshooted the problem, made the repairs to the water heater and we had hot water again.- Don & Carol Raymer
We value transparency and are offering fair pricing on all the work we do.
We have been proudly serving the community we live in and love since 1992.
We value your home, time, and comfort so we are guaranteeing your satisfaction on every job completed.