Are you tired of constantly dealing with stubborn drain clogs in your home or business? If so, you may be wondering which method of drain cleaning is the most effective. Two common methods are hydro jetting and snaking, but which one is better?
In this blog post, we'll compare the two methods and help you decide which one is right for your situation.
Hydro Jetting: The Ultimate Solution for Stubborn Drain Clogs
Hydro jetting is a method of drain cleaning that uses high-pressure water to clear out clogs and debris. The process involves inserting a hose into the drain and blasting water at a pressure of up to 4,000 PSI. This high-pressure water stream can break up even the toughest clogs, including tree roots and grease buildup.
The Benefits of Hydro Jetting
- Thorough cleaning: Hydro jetting is more effective than snaking because it thoroughly cleans the inside of the pipes. Snaking only removes the clog, but it doesn't clean the rest of the pipe.
- Long-lasting results: Because hydro jetting is so thorough, it can prevent future clogs from forming. Snaking only removes the current clog, but it doesn't address the underlying issue.
- Safe for pipes: Hydro jetting is safe for pipes because it doesn't involve any harsh chemicals or abrasive materials. Snaking can sometimes damage pipes if not done properly.
When to Use Hydro Jetting
Hydro jetting is best for:
- Stubborn clogs that won't go away with snaking
- Regular maintenance to prevent clogs from forming
- Commercial properties with high-volume drains
Snaking: A Quick Fix for Simple Clogs
Snaking is a method of drain cleaning that involves using a long, flexible cable with a corkscrew-like tip to break up and remove clogs. The cable is inserted into the drain and rotated to break up the clog, which is then pulled out.
The Benefits of Snaking
- Quick and inexpensive: Snaking is a quick and inexpensive method of clearing simple clogs.
- No risk of water damage: Because snaking doesn't involve water, there is no risk of water damage to your property.
When to Use Snaking
Snaking is best for:
- Simple clogs that are close to the surface
- Pipes that are too fragile for hydro jetting
- Residential properties with low-volume drains
Hydro jetting is the ultimate solution for stubborn drain clogs because it provides thorough cleaning, long-lasting results, and is safe for pipes. However, snaking is a quick and inexpensive method for simple clogs.
If you're unsure which method is best for your situation, contact Wickstrom Service Co. for expert advice and service.